Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Smile

Today i went by starbucks (ugh) to get a black eye (i just learned it means a dopio in a tall coffee) and as i was pulling out I had a woman from another car smile at me... It was the kind of a smile that remains for a while in your memory, sincere and beautiful. She was laughing at the ugly hat on my big head, but in a loving way, like it was ok. Kind of like if you mix Christmas and high school romance, or your first kiss gone awkward. She was gorgeous, European-like, probably a mother of some pretty kids and a loving husband, a member of some yoga club, organic shopper, etc. But what fascinated me most was that while smiling at me she belonged to me only, yes, that's the way it felt. You know, like she loved me... And then it all ended and the rain and winter cold took over.

No comments: